And, according to the Yankee Group’s annual Technologically Advanced Family (TAF) Survey, the top three uses for home PCs are:
- online services and Internet access, cited by 76%
- games and entertainment, listed by 58%
- personal or household finances, cited by 30%.
The online population is also becoming more experienced. Of PC owners who have Internet access:
- 83% have been online for over a year
- two-fifths have been online for between one and three years
- almost 45% have been online for over three years.
The study sample was selected from a consumer mail panel of 450,000 nationally representative US households.
« Sept. Mass Layoffs Rise 41% on Year