According to Business & Legal Reports, employers paid an average of $4,410 last year – up considerably from the 1995 level of $3,049.
Average per-employee health-care costs in individual sectors in 2001 are now:
- $5,313 in the government sector,
- $4,818 in the research and development field,
- $4,673 in the manufacturing sector,
- $4,552 for those working in education,
- $4,273 for workers in the health sector,
- $4,217 for those in the financial services and insurance industry, and
- $3,750 in the retail and wholesale sectors
The data comes from more than 4,000 employers nationally.