The infographic also provides important tips for small business owners to protect themselves and their businesses from costly claims.
The sexual harassment infographic provides examples to help small business owners identify sexual harassment in the workplace. It details the prevalence and financial risk associated with sexual harassment charges, but most importantly guides owners on specific ways to protect their businesses and themselves, including:
• Institute a zero-tolerance policy for sexual harassment;
• Raise awareness of what constitutes sexual harassment by conducting mandatory employee training;
• As a business owner, make yourself fully aware of the laws around sexual harassment;
• Take all reports of harassment from employees seriously;
• Document all reported cases of harassment; and
• Protect yourself with proper sexual harassment insurance coverage as part of your Employment Practices Liability Insurance Policy.
To view the BOLT’s sexual harassment infographic, visit http://info.boltinsurance.com/sexual-harassment-in-the-workplace.