Some $6 billion to $11 billion is invested internationally.
The new managers are comprised of 10 international equity firms, three Pacific Basin managers, and one Japanese manager whose names were culled from qualified managers as part of an international search.
The new managers are:
- Artisan Partners
- Baillie Gifford Overseas Limited
- Fidelity Management Trust Company
- GE Asset Management
- Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co., LLC
- Mastholm Asset Management LLC
- Oechsle International Advisors
- Putnam Institutional Management
- ROBECO Group
- Schroders Investment Management N.A.
- Blackrock International, LTD
- Newport Pacific Management
- Nomura Asset Management USA Inc.
- Zurich Scudder Investments.
Today’s selection completes CalPERS search for international money managers for developed markets.
The System approved hiring three European managers at its October 2000 Investment Committee. They included Capital Guardian Trust Company, Axa Rosenberg Investment Management LLC, and Bank of Ireland Asset Management.
CalPERS will launch a search for emerging market international money managers next month. The search is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
– Chuck Epstein email@example.com
« World Markets Extend Summer Slump in July