Aimed at preventing violations of wage, safety and employee benefit laws and minimizing the need for enforcement actions, the initiative is largely Internet-based. The DoL announced the effort at the 21 st Century Workforce Summit here.
By Labor Day, the DoL promises to implement:
- a national call center to offer free, DoL-wide access to experts
- an e-mail system that answers all queries efficiently
- an enhanced Web site with complete catalogued information on all DoL regulatory programs
- continued development of the Elaws advisors, an interactive Web-based compliance assistance tool for major DoL regulatory programs.
The initiative also consists of seminars, counseling and partnerships with small business centers to help out smaller businesses.
– John van Rosendaal email@example.com