Under the terms of the multi-year relationship eAdvisor will use two core components of Financial Engines Advice Server platform:
- Forecast Engine, which provides an analysis of current holdings and a forecast of the likelihood of attaining their investment goals
- Advice Server, which provides specific, personalized recommendations for individuals.
In addition, Financial Engines is providing two new features for eAdvisor: analysis of taxable accounts and planning for non-retirement goals, such as saving for college.
The platform is part of eAdvisor’s online advisory service that will deal with a wide range of financial planning needs, including:
- funding a child’s education
- providing for elder-care
- preparing for retirement
- buying a house
- tax, estate and insurance planning
The Financial Engines Advice Server will be used to provide mutual fund recommendations for both tax-deferred accounts, such as 401(k) s and IRAs, and taxable accounts.
E*Trade is a strategic investor in Financial Engines.
– Nevin Adams email@example.com
« Bill Would Allow Tax-Free PC Benefits