Even though it would take Congressional action, another helpful soul proposed changing family medical leave laws to include time spent in prison.
Those are just a couple of the examples cited in a new CareerBuilder survey of hiring managers about what tidbits were in their office suggestion receptacles.
A news release said other employee suggestions included:
- allowing a person to only work during daylight hours because the person is scared of the dark.
- putting beer in the vending machine.
- replacing an employee’s desk with a futon in which he could lay down and work.
- adding a tanning bed to the office break room
- allowing employees to change clothes in their cubicles.
- giving one entrepreneurial employee time off to pursue a side business as a clown.
- allowing all employees to use the gliding chair in the office lactation room to take a quick nap.
Finally, there was this request from one hopeful, if somewhat unrealistic, soul – to have the company’s team meeting held in Hawaii.
This survey was conducted online within the U.S. by Harris Interactive on behalf of CareerBuilder.com among 2,924 U.S. Hiring Manager (employed full-time; not self-employed; non government); ages 18 over, between August 20 and September 9, 2009.
« Cheesecake Factory Settles Suit over "Severe" Same Sex Harassment