The site now offers tools and information to help employers manage their group medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits online.
The eService package provides employers access to information 24/7, as well as the ability to make administrative changes more rapidly and accurately than paper form alternatives.
e-Xpansion of Services
In addition to existing online services at www.principal.com , employers can now:
- make eligibility changes, such as adding plan participants and terminating members or dependents
- changing benefit information for those covered by the plan.
- access and print online booklets and contract information
- access billing and payment information
- pay premiums electronically
Additionally, administrative services only (ASO) customers can access online claim and eligibility reports.
The site also offers the ability to order BenefitWi$e newsletters (free health and wellness-related newsletters for their employees), as well as accessing legislative information to keep up-to-date on important regulatory issues.
Participants can also benefit from the enhancements, including
- allowing them to view the status of medical, dental and vision claims or flexible spending account coverage
- viewing an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) online, which provides details regarding medical, dental and vision benefits paid
- opting to receive EOBs electronically, rather than via regular mail.
Group medical and dental customers with a managed care network have been using the site for more than two years to access an online directory that locates nearby physicians, facilities and dentists, according to Principal. Additionally, customers have been able to order ID cards, print online forms and communicate via email directly to their Group administrator in a secured environment.
« CalPERS Ups Alternative Investments