One hundred executives who participated in coaching programs said executive coaching delivers an ROI of nearly six times the initial cost of coaching. Further, 70% valued the ROI on their coaching at $100,000 or more, while nearly 30% put the ROI between $500,000 and $1 million , according to a release by Right Management Consultants, a career transition and organizational consulting firm.
Looking past the numbers, executives said the biggest tangible business results their coaching yielded were:
- improved productivity (53%)
- better quality work product (48%)
- greater organizational strength (48%).
From an intangible business standpoint, executives reported:
- better relationships with their direct reports (77%)
- better relationships with their supervisors (71%)
- improved teamwork (67%)
- better relationships with peers (63%)
- greater job satisfaction (61%).
Most of the 100 executives who participated in the survey were from Fortune 1000 companies. Half held positions of vice president or higher.
« SURVEY SAYS: Is It Time to Retire the Retirement Age?