The survey of 257 executive recruiters found that compensation increased in every category from 2006 to 2007, with the biggest jump in non-compete agreements/contracts offered, followed by guaranteed severance and stock options/equity.
Survey results on compensation package changes from 2006 to 2007 include:
- 48% of packages included a non-compete agreement/contract, up from 32% in 2006;
- 37% included guaranteed severance, up from 26%;
- 47% included stock options/equity, up from 36%;
- 44% included a performance review within the first six months, up from 35%;
- 37% included a signing bonus, up from 31%; and
- 79% included a performance bonus, up from 73%.
According to the survey, 71% of respondents said snagging talented executives is more difficult than it was a year ago and 67% believe there is a shortage of qualified executive talent in the market.
« New Block Cross Trading Service Starts