According to a Fidelity news release, the new Web site content includes:
- simplified information on Social Security benefit decisions; examples illustrating how key factors, such as age, can impact Social Security payment amounts;
- a printable table showing common strategies to consider when deciding when to take benefits;
- resources to help create a retirement income plan, including a Social Security payment estimate, using Fidelity’s Retirement Income Planner tool;
- a customer brochure with Social Security-related information including the five key steps to becoming Social Security-ready, and four critical factors to consider before they make a final decision;
- new informational materials that outline the benefits of creating a retirement income plan, as well as how to get started;
- a new educational audio program on Fidelity.com with information from the Social Security Administration to help people better understand the program and the options available regarding when to receive benefits;
- local seminars, held in conjunction with the Social Security Administration, in Fidelity Investor Centers nationwide to help individuals better understand their Social Security options.
More information is available at www.fidelity.com/socialsecurity .
« IRS to Waive Code Y 2008 Reporting Mandate