Constituents of the new series will be determined by
assessing a company’s record in the following areas:
– environmental sustainability,
– development of positive relationships with stakeholders, and
– support of universal human rights.
In line with existing socially responsible investment (SRI) practices, the series will exclude:
– tobacco producers,
– manufacturers of weapon systems, and
– owners and operators of nuclear power station
The first in the series, the FTSE4Good US 100, comprises 100 US companies that have passed FTSE’s socially responsible criteria, will be launched on July 31 this year.
« CalPERS' Alternatives Chief Leaves for East Coast Venture Capital Firm