Available to all major smartphone devices and browsers, including iPhone and Android phones, the app requires no downloading. It launches automatically when participants visit the Great-West website using a mobile device.
The app gives users access to key information and the ability to track retirement readiness by:
- Viewing an estimated monthly retirement income amount;
- Checking account balance and transaction history;
- Accessing paycheck contribution amount and investment allocations;
- Monitoring rate of return;
- Choosing paperless document delivery and viewing online statements; and
- Accessing the full website on a mobile device with one tap from any page of the mobile Web app.
According to Great-West, user feedback will shape future updates of the app, which is now available to 401(k), 401(a), 403(b) and 457 plan participants who use the Great-West website. Users must be registered with Great-West Financial online via the “Let’s Get Started” link.
“This mobile Web app is designed to make it as easy and convenient as possible for participants to take a more active role in planning for their retirement,” said Charles Nelson, president of retirement services at Great-West Financial, Greenwood Village, Colorado.