According to the announcement, companies can also use Guardian’s Absence Management Program to include employer-authorized leaves such as bereavements, vacation, paid-time off days, and medical leaves. Guardian says the program facilitates compliance with laws and policies; the ability to better plan for staffing needs; and the reduction of unnecessary personnel costs.
Features of the program include:
- Cost savings through group discounted rates – To receive a discount, groups must have 50 or more employees and at least one line of coverage (short-term disability, long-term disability or life insurance).
- Simple online or telephone submissions of leave requests – A leave administrator begins processing the request within one day of submission.
- Management of all communications – including notification of rights, required forms, approval/denial notifications and return-to-work notices prior to the end of a leave.
- Online access to leave information – 24/7 access for employee and employers to review requests.
- Medical certification management – full management of the medical certification process including the review/evaluation of medical forms, referrals for second and third medical opinions, coordination with disability carriers.
- Eligibility determinations – determinations are based on FMLA and state leave laws and in accordance with company-specific policies.
- Absence tracking – Complete audit trail of leave policy documents and correspondence to ensure compliance.
- Predictive reporting – Online reporting system highlights absence patterns and trends to help plan for staffing needs.
“Managing employee leaves of absence can be an overwhelming and tedious task for small and midsize business owners who typically don’t have large human resource departments,” said Barry Petruzzi, second vice president, Guardian Group Life and Disability, in the announcement. “We provide tools, benefits, choices, flexibility and services to level the business playing field and make it easier for small and midsize business owners to succeed in a competitive marketplace.”
More information is at www.GuardianLife.com .