Responses to the poll by staffing firm Accountemps asking 150 executives about thewackiest or most unusual pitches they’ve heard from a job seeker included:
- An individual said he was allergic to unemployment.
- One job seeker said he should get the job because he had already applied three times and felt that it was now his turn.
- One individual said the company had nice benefits, which was good because he was going to need to take a lot of leave in the next year.
- An applicant drafted a press release announcing the company had hired him.
- A person said he had no relevant experience for the position he was interviewing for, but his friend did.
- A gentleman delivered his entire cover letter verbally as a rap song.
- An applicant once said she wanted the position because she wanted to get away from dealing with people.
- One person brought his mother to the job interview and let her do all of the talking.
- One applicant gave the executive his resume in a brown paper lunch bag.
- When one company moved to Texas, an applicant
sent his resume in a ten-gallon hat.
« Employers Critical to Success of U.S. Health Care System