House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisconsin) announced his appointees to the Joint Select Committee on the Solvency of Multiemployer Pension Plans, charged with improving the solvency of multiemployer pension plans and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC).
His appointees include:
- Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-North Carolina), chairwoman of the House Education and the Workforce Committee;
- Rep. Phil Roe (R-Tennessee), House Education and the Workforce Committee;
- Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-Florida), House Ways and Means Committee; and
- Rep. David Schweikert (R-Arizona), House Ways and Means Committee.
Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (California) has appointed:
- Rep. Richard E. Neal of Massachusetts, Ways and Means Ranking Committee Member;
- Rep. Bobby Scott of Virginia, Education and Workforce Committee Ranking Member;
- Rep. Donald Norcross of New Jersey, Education and Workforce Committee; and
- Rep. Debbie Dingell of Michigan, Energy and Commerce Committee.
Senator Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) announced he was named co-chair of the committee; however, there were no press releases at the time of publication on either the Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (Kentucky) or Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Shumer’s (New York) websites announcing other Senate appointees.The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 established the committee and requires that it hold public hearings, and vote on its findings and legislative recommendations no later than November 30, 2018. If approved, those recommendations would be submitted for consideration by the House and Senate. The committee will be dissolved no later than December 31, 2018.
« Workers Say Benefits Give Them a Sense of Financial Security