According to a press release, based on the number of entry-level job opportunities posted to MonsterTRAK during the 2005/2006 academic year, the top occupations are:
- Business Operations, HR and Financial Services. The most popular jobs in this category include those specific to accounting, financial analysis and research, human resource and labor relations, and management and administration. Accounting and auditing related job postings were among the most prevalent, comprising approximately one-fifth of all opportunities in the category.
- Sales and Marketing. Reflecting an improving labor market, entry-level opportunities in sales and marketing related occupations grew by 39% year-over-year.
- Office, Administrative and Customer Support. Administrative assistants and call center workers were most in demand.
- Architecture and Engineering. Electrical and mechanical engineers were most sought-after among employers hiring in this category.
- Computer, Information Technology and Mathematical. Among jobs in this category, entry-level programmers saw the greatest online recruitment activity.
Julie Goldthwait, Vice President and General Manager at MonsterTRAK, said in the release, “Demand for those in management, business and financial services, and IT continues to rise – and that increasing recruitment activity clearly extends to entry-level positions, which is great news for recent college graduates and those entering their senior year.”
MonsterTRAK is the student division of Monster, the global online careers and recruitment resource.