The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced two free webinars in March about important retirement plan topics.
On March 5, at 2:00 p.m. EST, the agency will host a webinar titled “Highlights of the Second Cycle E Determination Letter Application Process.”
Webinar participants will learn:
- Who may submit during the second Cycle E;
- What plan sponsors must include with their applications;
- How the IRS will process applications;
- What are the new reference lists; and
- What changes plan sponsors must make to their plans (Notice 2014-77 – 2014 Cumulative List).
The IRS is asking that general questions for this webinar be submitted by February 27.
On March 26, at 2:00 p.m. EST, the IRS will host a webinar titled “Retirement Plan Loans to Participants.”
Webinar attendees will learn:
- What type of plans can make loans to participants;
- What are the conditions a plan must follow to make loans;
- What are the required terms of a plan loan;
- How plan loans may be taxable under IRC Section 72(p);
- When plan loans violate the prohibited transaction rules of IRC Section 4975; and
- How to fix plan errors involving loans.
The agency is asking that general questions for this webinar be submitted by March 20.
Information about how to register for the webinars is available at http://www.irs.gov/Retirement-Plans/Phone-Forums-Retirement-Plans.
« Firm Not Liable for Botched Benefit Estimates