The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is hosting a free webcast, “Understanding the Universal Availability Rules in a 403(b) Retirement Plan.”
Attendees of the webcast will learn about:
- Basic universal availability rules;
- Treatment of adjunct faculty at universities;
- Treatment of part-time, seasonal and temporary employees;
- The 20 hours per week and the 1,000 hours rules;
- Controlled group situations and concerns;
- Mayo ruling on medical residents and its impact;
- The required notice to employees each year; and
- Ways to find, fix and avoid universal availability errors.
The event will be held May 19 at 2 p.m. ET. Registration is here.