The new withholding calculator ( http://www.irs.gov/prod/ind_info/wh/ ) reflects the changes made to income tax rates that took effect on July 1, 2001. New Withholding Tables for 2001 in IRS Publication 15-T are also online at http://ftp.fedworld.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15t.pdf .
The IRS’s Web site, The Digital Daily, now also has added a new section for small businesses and self-employed individuals. The new pages include:
- answers to many basic tax questions,
- a calendar of important tax deadlines,
- online access to many IRS forms,
- helpful tips to avoid common tax problems,
- news and events specific to new businesses,
- helpful links to non-IRS small business resources, and
- industry-specific tax information for the construction and restaurant industries.
The Small Business and Self-Employed Community is on the IRS Web site at http://www.irs.gov/smallbiz/index.htm .