According to a LFG news release, Advantage Plan is tailored to be flexible for employers to adapt to their employees’ specific needs while controlling costs.
Advantage Plan’s Premier Plan includes:
- no limitation on specified illnesses
- voluntary vocational rehabilitation
- Progressive Partial Disability with a “liberal” earnings test
For cost-conscious employers, Advantage Plan’s Value Plan includes:
- more conservative structure with specified illnesses and injury limitations
- “any gainful occupation” definition of disability beyond 24 months
- Less liberal partial disability benefits
- Other cost-control elements
Julie Fried, vice president of marketing for LFG, said in the news release that the company’s research revealed the need for more variety at the employer level.
“Employers want to control cost, but not at the expense of a disability plan that’s too conservative for their employees to truly benefit from. That’s the precise niche the Advantage Plan fills – comprehensive coverage with cost control features that aren’t overly restrictive,” Fried said in the release.
« Supreme Court Defers Illegal Worker Case Back to Appeals Court