Mercer said in a news release that the added staff would allow it to better meet demand from institutional clients for guidance on seeking greater returns from alternatives. “In the wake of unsettled market conditions over the past two years, institutional clients continue to look to alternative investments as they seek attractive investment returns and diversification,” said David Kaposi, the global leader of Mercer’s alternatives boutique within investment consulting, in a Mercer news release.
Mercer said three of those joining Mercer’s alternatives boutique will be based in Chicago:
- Laura Milligan has been named a senior associate responsible for private equity strategies in North America. Previously she was with Adams Street Partners where she specialized in private equity including buyout, venture capital, distressed assets, and energy funds.
- Christopher Schelling has been named a senior associate with a focus on hedge funds. He was previously with Thomson Reuters as director of alternatives strategies within the capital markets group.
- Shelley Elson has joined Mercer as a senior associate specializing in hedge fund research. She was previously an analyst with Glenwood Capital Investments, LLC
Four others have joined Mercer’s alternatives boutique from other Mercer consulting roles in the U.K.:
- Simon Fox is a principal joining the alternatives boutique and will specialize in hedge funds, commodities and timber and agricultural investments. He has been with Mercer Investment Consulting for seven years.
- Robert Howie is a principal joining the alternatives boutique and will research hedge funds as well as well as infrastructure and insurance-linked securities. In addition, he will take on a coordinating role in Europe for Mercer’s alternatives boutique. Prior to joining Mercer ten years ago, he worked for Barclays in London and African Life in South Africa.
- Sanjay Mistry is a principal joining the alternatives boutique focusing on private equity and less liquid investments such as private debt. Prior to joining Mercer, he worked with Eagle Star in the pension review unit. Sanjay has been with Mercer’s investment consulting business since 1998 and has been advising clients on private equity issues since 1999.
- Amarik Ubhi is an associate joining the alternatives boutique to cover infrastructure and Mercer’s equities boutique to cover Asia Pacific including Japanese equities. He joined Mercer after graduating from the University of Cambridge in 2003.
The eighth new member is based in Sydney, Australia:
- Jennifer Cowan is a senior associate joining the alternatives boutique to specialize in unlisted assets including private equity. Previously she was a senior analyst with Mariner Financial, an ASX-listed specialist fund and asset manager.
« Ex-Amex Travel Workers File FLSA Overtime Suit