Merrill Offers A New Alternative
Merrill has pulled together its separate alternative investments divisions, forming a new Alternative Investments unit as it focuses on one of the industry’s fastest-growing investment arenas.
Alternative Investments brings together:
- Merrill Lynch Investment Partners
- ML Private Equity
- MLIM Private Equity
- MLIM Alternative Strategies
Alternative Investments will also work closely with the Quantitative Advisers team, established last year to build MLIM’s quantitative asset management capabilities, including hedge funds.
Alternative Investments will be lead by Ron Rosenberg, who joins MLIM from Merrill Lynch’s Corporate and Institutional Client Group, where he headed Global Hedge Fund Sales and International Fixed-Income Sales since 1995.
In other appointments:
- Russ Steenberg will continue to manage MLIM Private Equity
- Fabio Savoldelli has been named head of the expanded Merrill Lynch Alternative Strategies Group, which will now include both retail and institutional hedge fund-of funds and managed futures products
- Roz Goldberg will continue to lead ML Private Equity Inc.
- Steve Olgin, who joined MLIM in August, will serve as chief administrative officer of Alternative Investments
– Nevin Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
« Annual Addition Limit To Rise in 2001