In a press release announcing an initiative to educate people about fiduciary issues, Nationwide Financial Services said it expects to unveil the new Web site, aimed at both investment professionals and plan sponsors, in the next month or two.
Nationwide said it will also help educate investment advisors and third-party administrators about how they can best assist client plan sponsors in fulfilling their legal obligations.
Nationwide will also distribute The BEST of AMERICA Fiduciary World Series Handbook, written by Nationwide and ERISA attorney C. Frederick Reish, of Reish, Luftman, McDaniel & Reicher in Los Angeles.
Among other topics, the book seeks to answer the following questions:
- who is a plan fiduciary?
- what are the fiduciary’s duties?
- how are plan investments selected?
- how can plan fiduciaries limit their investment loss liability?
- what are prohibited transactions?
- Read more about fiduciary duty at our exclusive Solutions topic.
« Survey Says: How Soon Can Participants Join YOUR Plan?