A press release said Twitter users are also more likely
to want to start a business, get a new pet, take up a new hobby, and become
more spiritual in the next year. MySpace users most likely to want to stop
smoking, get married, and change their appearance in 2010, while the
professional types on LinkedIn want to learn a new career skill and spend more
time with family.
Other survey findings, according to the press release, include:
- 28% of men said they want to improve their appearance in the coming year.
- Both sexes have much more interest now in saving money than in traditional resolutions like losing weight.
- 21% of the Silent Generation (born 1925-1942) want to volunteer for a cause or charity, another 17% want to become more involved in their community.
- 16% of Millennials (born 1982-1993) say they want to stop smoking.
- Women are more likely to want to eat healthier and live greener in the next twelve months.
Ad-ology Research surveyed an online panel of 2,111 adults December 11-12, 2009.