Salama was promoted from the position of senior managing director of sales, marketing and product development for NYLIM Retirement Plan Services. He is replacing and will report to Barry Schub who has assumed additional responsibility at the firm, according to the announcement.
The following people will be reporting to Salama:
- Tom Clough, senior managing director responsible for the NYLIM Retirement Plan Services’ mid- and large-market business;
- Joe Henehan, managing director and chief financial officer for the division;
- Sam Mancino, managing director of the retirement plan provider’s small plan business;
- Jeff Keller, managing director of sales strategy and marketing;
- Mark Strazzeri, managing director of advisor and consultant sales;
- John Santaguida, director of Taft-Hartley sales; and
- Steven Dorval, director and head of investment services.
Salama’s 20-year experience in the retirement plan industry includes general management of Retirement Plan Solutions at Hartford Financial Services, managing institutional sales and marketing for the Vanguard Group, and holding other senior positions in sales, marketing, and operations at various firms.
NYLIM Retirement Plan Services provides services for more than 2,100 defined contribution, defined benefit and deferred compensation plans as of August 31, 2006.