HR.BLR.com reports that OSHA’s Scaffolding Standard topped the Administration’s violations list for the period from October 2005 to September 2006, just as it did in the 2005 period. T he Hazard Communication Standard still ranked as the most-violated standard covering General Industry, but slipped from second last year to third this year on the overall violations list.
The number of violations among the top 10 continued to decline, falling from 40,463 last year to 36,885 this year. Electrical – General Requirements replaced Ladders on the bottom rung in the 2006 list.
The top 10 violated standards list, with number of violations current as of October 13, 2006, is here:
- Scaffolding–General Requirements – with 7,895 violations
- Duty to Have Fall Protection – with 5,746 violations
- Hazard Communication – with 5,586 violations
- Respiratory Protection – with 3,410 violations
- Lockout/Tagout – with 3,068 violations
- Powered Industrial Trucks – with 2,582 violations
- Electrical–Wiring Methods, Components, and Equipment for General Use – with 2,396 violations
- Machine Guarding–General Requirements – with 2,296 violations
- Ladders – with 2,115 violations
- Electrical–General Requirements – with 1,791 violations.