According to the annual Corporate Reputation Watch survey by Chief Executive magazine and PR firm Hill and Knowlton,
- a further 36% believe that disasters pose the most danger to corporate reputation,
- some 35% point to litigation, and
- only 13% of the sample say that criticism on the Internet poses the biggest threat
This year’s survey found that
- 93% of the nation’s senior executives believe that the opinion of customers strongly influences corporate reputation,
- followed by employees, cited by 80%, and
- CEO reputation, also 80%
The majority of the companies included in the survey measure their corporate reputation either formally or informally. To do so,
- 73% listen to the word on the street,
- 41% conduct custom research,
- 40% believe that financial performance has the most impact on corporate reputation,
- 32% pay attention to media coverage, and
- 27% take note of published rankings.
The survey, which was conducted by Harris Interactive in February, comprised the input of 557 executives.
« SURVEY SAYS: Advice