Rising Health-Care Costs Top Workplace Impact Trend
The Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM) “SHRM Workplace Forecast 2004-2005: A Strategic Outlook” also found a focus on domestic safety and security and the use of technology to communicate with employees as top trends impacting employee benefits. Rounding out the Top 10 trends overall, were:
- Growing complexity of legal compliance
- Use of technology to perform transactional HR functions
- Focus on global security
- Preparing for the next wave of retirement/labor shortage
- Use and development of e-learning
- Exporting of U.S. manufacturing jobs to developing countries
- Changing definition of family.
“Successful businesses can adapt to changing economic, political, and social conditions. Being aware of trends affecting the workplace can help an organization proactively anticipate challenges ahead,” said Susan Meisinger , president and CEO of SHRM.
The forecast surveyed a random sample of 558 SHRMmembers.
« BLS: Health Care Cost Hikes Clip Compensation