A news release said that the U.S. Group division of Sun Life had partnered with Medical Group Insurance Services (MGIS).
According to the announcement MGIS recently turned to Sun Life as the provider of group life, accident, and disability insurance for MGIS physician group customers. As a result, MGIS physician group customers can access a package of EAP and work-life services that is available through Sun Life’s partnership with ComPsych Corporation.
“We know the physician market, so we know that few other employer groups are more aware of health issues and the importance of work-life balance than physicians,” said William Thurston, chief marketing officer, MGIS, in the announcement.
Services provided by the program include:
- Employee Assistance Program – Confidential counseling to help address personal issues facing physician group employees and their dependents. The program provides up to five face-to-face counseling sessions per problem, at no cost to the employee.
- FamilySource – Access to work-life professionals for personalized information and referrals on child care, elder care, adoption, education, relocation, pet care, and personal convenience services, including a personalized referral package containing pre-screened resources and literature.
- LegalConnect – Confidential access to on-staff attorneys for unlimited phone consultation on matters such as divorce, estate planning, lawsuits, bankruptcy, and adoptions. The program is staffed with licensed attorneys and includes a face-to-face legal consultation with a lawyer at no additional charge, as well as a 25% discount after that for legal help.
- FinancialConnect — Unlimited access to on-staff financial experts as well as referrals to certified financial planners for issues such as debt management, credit problems, tax questions, estate planning, insurance, and retirement planning. The program also includes an initial face-to-face consultation at no charge.
- EstateGuidance – Free online will preparation through ComPsych’s Web site which guides users through the entire process, defining legal terms and options. Employees also receive instructions on how to execute the will and store it, as well as access to Web-based support.
- GuidanceResources Online – Interactive Web site that contains self-assessments, search tools, content on personal health, and tools to help with personal, relational, legal, health, and financial concerns.
More information is at www.mgis.com .