In a news release the APPMA also said their survey revealed that many workers believe there are benefits to having pets at work, such as relieving stress, improving relationships with co-workers, making for a happier workforce and creating a happier work environment.
More specifically, APPMA said their study found that:
- 55 million Americans believe having pets in the workplace leads to a more creative environment,
- 53 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases absenteeism,
- 50 million believe having pets in the workplace helps co-workers get along better,
- 38 million believe having pets in the workplace creates a more productive work environment,
- 32 million believe having pets in the workplace decreases smoking in the workplace,
- 37 million believe having pets in the workplace helps improve the relationship between managers and their employees, and
- 46 million people who bring their pets to the workplace work longer hours.
APPMA conducted its national poll of working Americans age 18 and over in anticipation of Pet Sitters International’s annual Take Your Dog to Work Day on June 23.
« EBRI: Soc. Sec. Cutbacks Won't Push Scores of Americans into Poverty