A survey by the CareerBuilder.com employment Web site found that 35% of workers plan to change jobs in 2003. Some 32% of workers rated their prospects for landing a new assignment next year as strong.
CareerBuilder.com said the key issues motivating the job-swapping workers to go back into the job market included:
- working under a layoff threat, 73%
- a lack of career advancement opportunities with their current employer, 59%
- dissatisfaction with pay, 58%
- overall dissatisfaction with their jobs, 38%
- less job security in 2002 versus 2001, 36%.
The CareerBuilder.com survey, “On the Job 2002,” was conducted online from October 23 to December 5, 2002 of more than 2,200 survey respondents, including hourly and salaried workers.
« Markets Add a Fourth "Witch"