The Retirement Advisor, accessible from the Planning section of TD Waterhouse’s Web site, offers information and interactive tools that address the financial and non-financial issues facing retirees.
The site divides the retirement planning process into three sections.
The first section, Making a Plan, offers interactive tools to help investors in the early stage of retirement planning, including:
- retirement planning basics
- social security
- net worth
- savings calculators
- a calculator that determines the costs of delaying the retirement savings process and the benefits associated with saving early.
The section Decision Day provides information for those about to retire. This section includes:
- a retirement readiness test and checklist
- a relocation scout
- estate tax, social security benefit and life and disability insurance calculators.
The final section, Living Retirement, provides retirees information on:
- managing retirement income
- healthy living in retirement
- travel opportunities, hobbies, and volunteering
To provide calculators, content and other interactive planning tools for the Retirement Advisor, TD Waterhouse partnered with Universal Pensions, Inc., Financial Visions; and Homestore.com, Inc.