In a news media announcement, the Hartford Financial Services Group said the site is aimed primarily at executives of companies with 21 to 499 workers.
According to the announcement, the site provides tools to help insurance buyers make decisions regarding their coverage and risk management needs.
The site includes customized coverage analyzers, guidelines for evaluating an insurance proposal, and a library of risk management information. There’s even a jargon translator for common insurance terms, according to the announcement.
The site’s “Ask The Expert” feature allows users to tap into The Hartford’s loss control expertise via e-mail for advice regarding a specific risk management concern.
According to the announcement, features of the site include:
- suggestions for reducing risks related to property, general liability, automobile, workers’ compensation, professional liability and product liability insurance coverage
- tips for getting the most out of business insurance protection, guidelines for evaluating an insurance proposal, and do’s and don’ts for buying insurance
- industry-specific sections with information of relevance to particular types of businesses
- customized coverage reports based on specific criteria, as well as descriptions of various coverage options
- online library of risk management articles, catalogued by industry and topic
- location of a Hartford agent based on a zip code search.
« NYSE Chairman Grasso Resigns