A CareerBuilder news release said when respondents were asked what their most serious challenge is as a supervisor, they said:
- Dealing with issues between co-workers on my team – 25%
- Motivating team members – 22%
- Performance reviews – 15%
- Finding the resources needed to support the team – 15%
- Creating career paths for my team – 12%
“Good management skills can positively impact productivity, performance and overall employee morale,” said Rosemary Haefner, vice president of human resources at CareerBuilder, in the news release. “We see more companies investing in management training programs to develop today’s and tomorrow’s leaders.”
The survey was conducted online within the U.S. by Harris Interactive on behalf of CareerBuilder.com among 2,482 U.S. employers and 3,910 U.S. employees (employed full-time; not self-employed; non-government) ages 18 and over between November 15 and December 2, 2010.