A ComPsych news release said other survey results included:
- 13% planned to trim their entertainment bills.
- 10% pointed to services such as dry cleaning and pet care.
- 9% said clothing.
- 8% said technology including Internet connectivity
- 2% cited commuting costs.
- 1% pointed to health care
- 10% said they are not taking steps to save money this year.
“As people cut spending on food, trends show a step down from higher quality restaurants to fast food,” said Richard A. Chaifetz, chairman and CEO of ComPsych, in the news release. “This is obviously bad for employer-sponsored wellness programs, as workers’ diets may become significantly less healthy.”