By using a slightly lower paper stock and designing summary style statements that fit on one legal-size sheet as opposed to two 8 1/2 x 11 sheets, Benefit Software helps clients reduce paper usage and keep mailing fees at a standard first class rate of $0.42 per ounce per piece, according to a press release. In addition, the company has forged partnerships with vendors that follow forward-thinking green practices.
Since January 2008, Benefit Software has purchased its supplies — soy- and vegetable-based inks and recycled paper — from Custom Printing, which recently earned certification from the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), the announcement said.
All of the firm’s printed services customers use some form of green certified and/or 30% recycled post-consumer fiber paper, and 50% of clients select formats that do not require a cover.
Printed benefit statement services include:
- Consultation and project analysis to determine individual requirements, such as budgets, statement formats, internal review processes, and production schedules;
- A comprehensive, multi-stage timeline approved by the client;
- A secure, private client engagement Web site to manage communications and project milestones;
- Statement design that accounts for messaging, logos, supporting graphics, and color. Options
include single-page summary statements to , graphically rich, multi-page statements that can include survey responses;
- Drafting of copy for the statement. This also can include a review of existing company communications (benefit descriptions, enrollment handbook, carrier information, etc.) to ensure the accuracy and consistency of all content;
- Integration of employee census information and, if applicable, data files from third-party administrators or insurance agents;
- Professional production and printing services to ensure high quality, environmentally friendly finished statements; and
- A rigorous consultation and review process throughout the engagement to ensure that employee benefit statements meet changing requirements in each client’s dynamic work environment.
More information is at www.bsiweb.com .