Chao also named a council president for the advisory panel that advises her on regulation of pension and benefit issues, a DoL news release said.
The new appointees and their council positions are, according to the DoL announcement:
- William Scogland, representing employers, is a senior partner in Jenner & Block’s Chicago office where he chairs the firm’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Practice.
- Dennis Simmons, representing investment managers, is principal and senior counsel responsible for Vanguard’s ERISA Legal Department.
- Edward Schwartz, representing the general public, is president of the investment firm Gregory J. Schwartz & Co. Inc.
- Robert Archer, representing employee organizations, is a senior labor partner in the Labor and Employee Benefits Department of the New York – based law firm Meyer, Suozzi, English & Klein P.C.
- Edward Mollahan, representing the corporate trust industry, is senior vice president at JP MorganChase Bank.
The 2006 chair is Sherrie Grabot of San Jose, California. Grabot is president of GuidedChoice, a company that provides investment advice to 401(k) plans. This year’s vice chair is James McCool of Akron, Ohio. In his second year on the council, McCool is senior vice president, corporate and retirement services, of Charles Schwab, the DoL announcement said.