According to the survey, 27% of workers surveyed say they have the least tolerance for meetings without structure, ranking it as their their No. 1 frustration, followed by people who interrupt peers and try to dominate the meeting (17%) and cell phone interruptions (16%).
Other common irritations that employees cited were as follows:
- People who fall asleep in meetings, 9%
- Meetings with no bathroom breaks, 8%
- Long meetings without refreshments, 6%
- People leaving early or arriving late, 5%
- People who check their Blackberries during meetings, 5%
- Meetings starting late, 4%
- No written recap of the meeting outcomes, 4%.