The Department of Labor’s Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) is hosting five fiduciary responsibility seminars from May through July, in locations across the country.
The “Getting It Right – Know Your Fiduciary Responsibilities” seminar series aims to increase awareness and understanding about basic fiduciary responsibilities when operating a retirement plan. Specifically, discussion topics will include:
- Understanding your plan and your responsibilities;
- Carefully selecting and monitoring service providers;
- Making contributions on time;
- Avoiding prohibited transactions; and
- Making appropriate disclosures to plan participants and filing annual reports to the government on time.
The list of seminars, including locations, dates and links to register are as follows: