Deals and People March 15, 2002
ERISA Advisory Council Gets New Members
March 15, 2002 (PLANSPONSOR.com) - Labor Secretary Elaine Chao named five new members to the Advisory Council on Employee Welfare and Pension Plans (ERISA Advisory Council).
Reported by Fred Schneyer
The appointees for three-year terms and the council slot to which they were named include:
- David Wray , president of the Profit Sharing and 401(k) Council, representing employers
- John Szczur , director of investments for the Central Pension Fund of the International Union of Operating Engineers and Participating Employers, representing employee organizations
- Michele Weldon , director in the Financial Services Industry Practice group of PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit and Business Advisory Services, for the accounting position.
- Judy Weiss , vice president in charge of retirement and savings business matters for Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, for the insurance slot.
- Dana Muir , associate professor of business law at the University of Michigan Business School, representing the general public.
The ERISA-authorized Advisory Council is charged with making recommendations to Chao about employee benefit issues. The council has 15 members.
« Pru Stock Conversion Triggers Ownership Debate