The Women’s Retirement planning series, a free online offering, is the latest in First Union’s ongoing email series for prospective and existing customers.
Once registered, participants will receive one email a
week for five weeks, covering:
- retirement planning,
- goal setting and saving
- retirement investment vehicles, such as tax-advantaged investments and employer-provided investment plans
- retirement income opportunities, and
- principles of investing and asset allocation.
The program was developed in recognition of women’s financial concerns, highlighted by a survey by the National Center for Women and Retirement, which shows fewer than 50% of women are confident that they are saving enough for retirement.
In addition, research by the Employee Benefit Research Institute:
- a little more than half of working women have tried to calculate their financial retirement needs,
- but 27% have made no financial plans for retirement, and
- two thirds are in without retirement benefits.
The good news is that 54% of women who calculate their retirement needs make changes in their retirement planning as a result,
- almost 60% save more, and
- just under a quarter change the allocations of their funds
Read More at Longer Retirement, Lower Incomes Hurt Women
Register for the Women’s Retirement e-mail at www.firstunion.com/women