Those services are available to Lexington’s employment practice liability (EPL) insureds to provide additional complimentary services designed to help employers prevent, respond to, and mitigate consequences of violent acts at the workplace, according to a press release.
Resources, Training Tools
The Violence Guard services are part of a suite of complimentary risk management resources and training tools Lexington offers to all EPL policyholders. The suite also includes online management training tutorials on discrimination, harassment, evaluations, employee discipline and termination and HR tools, such as best workplace practices manuals, management guidelines, policies, forms, employee handbooks, and FAQs on common employee relations issues.
The Violence Guard suite includes:
- Violent Act Event Liability Protection, which addresses the legal liability an employer can face in an employee-initiated claim arising from a workplace violence incident;
- An Employee Death Benefit of $50,000 for families of employees killed by a violent act.
Risk Management Services
Additionally, specialized risk management services are accessible online (at www.lexeplhelp.com ), including:
- Online training to help employees recognize warning signs and respond effectively to violence or hostility in the workplace;
- Sample corporate policies on violence and hostility in the workplace and extensive information on workplace violence and prevention;
- Consultation with a Risk Management Specialist for access to an exclusive listing of ‘best-of-breed’ vendors able to provide insureds onsite seminars aimed at violence prevention and worksite security surveys.
To learn more about workplace violence risks, view Taming Workplace Hostility, a Webcast accessible at www.lexcasts.com/twhepl