A news release from the IMPACT Group, a career management firm, said that was one result of its latest Candidate Tracking Statistics, which polled more than 700 of the firm’s job candidates who got a job between July 2009 and January 2010.
According to the announcement, the study found that:
- Referrals from within an organization (18%) and outside the organization (9%) are the most successful ways to land a job opportunity.
- Posting an online resume gives a candidate a scant 8% chance of success.
- Social networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) can be important in identifying referral opportunities.
- For those earning more $100K, networking is the most successful strategy, with 50% of candidates identifying the opportunity in this way.
- There has been a downward trend in the overall effectiveness of recruiters since 2005.
- Men are more likely to learn about opportunities through networking, while women are more successful with published openings.
More information is here.
« Russell Investments Names Head of Americas Institutional Biz