That result is not surprising, considering where most of those deployments have occurred. According to the WorldatWork Online Benefits Communications and Services Survey, employer respondents currently offer the following online:
- 73% – Investment Performance Information
- 65% – Provider Directories
- 61% – Company Newsletters
- 60% – 401(k) Changes
- 48% – Employee Benefit Summaries
- 46% – Access to Financial Planning Data
- 45% – Summary Plan Descriptions
- 32% – Access to Investment Advice
- 29% – Personal Data Changes
- 18% – Family Status Changes
Only about a quarter (26%) offer online open enrollment capabilities, although half provide direct insurance carrier access via the Web.
Nearly all (92%) of the respondents offer employees Internet access, and nearly two-thirds of those that don’t are considering taking that step.
The survey reflects the experience of 387 employers.