HR.BLR.com reports that the number of violations among the 10 most violated standards is down by 4,200 from last year to 40,463. The top ten list comes from data on citations issued from October 1, 2004 – August 30, 2005.
Scaffolding-General Requirements continues to be the most cited standard, with 8,130 violations, and Hazard Communication is again the second most cited standard, with 6,641 violations. A standard that is new to the list compared to last year is Ladders, according to HR.BLR.com.
The top ten list for 2005 is, in order::
- Hazard Communication
- Fall Protection-General Requirements – 5,504 violations
- Respiratory Protection – 3,904 violations
- Lockout/Tagout – 3,711 violations
- Powered Industrial Trucks – 2,871 violations
- Electrical-Wiring Methods, Components, and Equipment for General Use – 2,785 violations
- Machine Guarding-General Requirements – 2,743 violations
- Electrical-General Requirements – 2,120 violations
- Ladders – 2,054 violations.
« Ten Firms Walk Away with Principal Employee Security Award