According to a press release, potential benefits of PIMCO EqS Pathfinder include:
- A truly global approach to equity investing, with “bottom-up” stock analysis complemented by PIMCO’s global economic outlook and extensive research resources;
- Time-tested deep value philosophy and process;
- Primary focus on global equity securities, supplemented by value oriented distressed debt and merger arbitrage and tactical strategies such as hedging;
- Potential outperformance and lower volatility relative to broad global equity indexes; and
- Risk management that aims to mitigate downside potential in all market environments.
Institutional shares of the PIMCO EqS Pathfinder Fund will trade under the ticker symbol PTHWX. Additional tickers include “D” shares (PTHDX), “A” shares (PATHX), “C” shares (PTHCX), “R” shares (PTHRX), “P” shares (PTHPX), and Administrative shares (PTHNX).
The fund is managed by Anne Gudefin and Charles Lahr, Executive Vice Presidents and Portfolio Managers based in London and New York, respectively. Lahr joined PIMCO in December 2009 and Gudefin joined in January of this year.
PIMCO funds are distributed by Allianz Global Investors Distributors LLC, 840 Newport Center Drive,Newport Beach, CA 92660, (800) 927-4648.