SBAExchange was developed to improve the efficiency and accountability of the current government procurement process. The electronic tool will allow government agencies to award simplified acquisitions up to $100,000 and to make purchases and payments electronically with the Government-widecommercial purchase card.
The annual cost to participate in the SBAExchange Pilot Program is $1,500. Additionally, a transaction fee of 2% will be added to all orders. The first 2,500 small businesses to sign up, prior to January 1, 2003, will receive a $450.00 discount.
Small businesses wishing to participate, must first obtain an Internet-based Supplier Web Site from www.sbaexchange.gov . Once registered a small business will receive:
- A fully hosted, supplier branded, e-commerce website
- Exposure to federal buying authorities, large
contractors and other large buying officials
- An electronic catalog
- A centralized order management system for
receiving and processing
Internet- based orders from federal, state, local and commercial buying
- A management system for tracking new business,
- Assistance in managing the new site