According to a press release, the new resources include:
- A Roth Conversion Analyzer tool that can help clients make more informed decisions about whether or not converting to a Roth IRA is appropriate for them;
- In-depth answers to frequently asked questions on tax implications;
- An online chat capability prepared to address clients’ IRA conversion questions with immediate responses;
- Support and guidance from a dedicated group of Chartered Retirement Planning Counselors; and
- A professional version of the Roth Conversion Analyzer tool, created specifically for the company’s registered investment adviser clients, to assist them in answering their clients’ more in-depth questions.
TD AMERITRADE explained that prior to the 2010 tax year, investors with modified adjusted gross incomes of more than $100,000 were ineligible for such a conversion, but this year the stipulation has been removed.
A recent TD AMERITRADE survey found 44% of respondents who have a retirement savings account that could be converted to a Roth IRA said they are still undecided on the matter, and 45% of that group said their indecisiveness is because they need more information (see Investors Want More Infor before Converting to Roth IRA).
For more information, go to http://www.tdameritrade.com/planningretirement/ira/overview.html.
« CUSO Launches ActivePassive Portfolios