The Department of Labor (DOL) Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) announced its “Getting It Right – Know Your Fiduciary Responsibilities” seminar will be held in Metairie, Louisiana, on April 11.
The compliance assistance program will increase awareness and understanding about basic fiduciary responsibilities when operating a retirement plan.
Topics to be covered in the seminar include:
- Understanding your plan and your responsibilities;
- Carefully selecting and monitoring service providers;
- Making contributions on time;
- Avoiding prohibited transactions; and
- Making appropriate disclosures to plan participants and filing annual reports to the government on time.
More information and a link to register are here.
« Pension Funds See Fees Creep Up as DC Plans Cut Costs